Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Why Pre-Order?

Why pre-order from Midwest Yarn?

I'm sure a lot of you have seen some of my Facebook posts stating that certain things are now available for pre-order.  But why do stores do this?  Simply put, since we are a small yarn shop and pre-orders help make it easier to grow our inventory.  With pre-orders made, we can bring in new products with much less of a burden on our cash flow, allowing us to keep you, the customer, happy.  Not to mention that we can bring a lot more new items in faster.  If we get in enough pre-order sales for a specific product, then it ships.  

Here are a few things I encourage you to pre-order with us so that we can complete our initial orders:

  • Addi Turbo and Addi Lace needles, specifically longer circular lengths like 32", 40" and 60". I also recommend the Lace Click sets and Turbo Click sets, they're a great gift to yourself or your favorite knitter.  Click here for details on their website.
  • Kraemer Tatamy Tweed DK or Worsted Yarns.  This yarn is a popular tweed that is machine washable and comes in a variety of colors.  Special orders can be made quickly with this company.
  • And don't forget the OMG hand dyed yarns, done by yours truly.  I've been enjoying the feedback from my hard work on these and my handspun yarns.
Again, please consider pre-ordering with us to help continue our steady growth in the Bay View neighborhood.  Should you want to pre-order with us, contact me via Facebook or email and let me know what you're interested in ordering. I will email pricing for those items and will send an invoice once you've made a decision.  

Busy Busy Busy...

I've been quite busy with the shop lately: spinning, knitting, designing, and making connections with other knitters and crocheters.  I've even refreshed my crochet skills so that I can begin to offer crochet classes during the winter session (details to come soon).  Part of me wants to start making knit gifts for my family like I did last year, but I know that I definitely won't have the time. *sigh*

I did publish a women's sweater pattern on Ravelry and I'm also working on a series of boy's sweater patterns that my son will be modeling once they're complete.

I hope you all are having a great fall and don't forget to stop by the shop to see some of our new and exciting yarns.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment