Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Midwest Yarn's LYS is Opening Soon!

Could I possibly be any busier?  I'd been knitting and working like crazy to get a lot of things ready for the vendor fair that I participated on Saturday.  There were 135 vendors present (you can see the guy behind me who had tie dyed items and recycled glass items).


I brought a lot of yarn, met some great people, and made some connections.  Turn out was low, but I got a lot of time in working on the Sock Madness Round 3 socks.  In spite of how much time I'd spent on the fair, I made it on to Round 4!


The Round 3 socks were made in Ella Rae Lace Merino in the color Rose Pink.


After a long day at the vendor fair, my husband called to tell me that he'd spoken with the landlord of our retail space who'd agreed to let us get the keys a week and a half ahead of schedule!  It's now three days later, we've got a lot of items moved in, including the yarn.  Sunday, we move in the fixtures and furniture and from there I start setting up and decorating.


The official Grand Opening for our shop is June 5, 2012.  Should everything be set up sooner than that, I will announce it here, on Ravelry and Facebook.  The biggest challenge is changing the signage so that people don't think that we're the previous shop.


Tentative shop hours are as follows:


Tuesday: 10am - 6pm
Wednesday: 10am - 6pm
Thursday: 10am - 6pm
Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm


Everything's happening so quickly, but I'm excited that we're on our way!  Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment